Followers

About Me

Sunday 12 April 2009

postheadericon Onions/Long carrots

Been busy sorting out my onions in the hope I will put them inside the tunnel to harden off end of April start of may. I like to leave mine inside the greenhouse with a minium night temperature of 50f, this time of year it's easy to maintain 60f. I will move them inside the tunnel and leave them in the pots for at least 2 weeks before I plant them in the beds. I have to say they are looking great, even tho I always worry about my onions they are probably the best I have had for some years growing on normal daylight.

The beds inside the tunnel are complete but the soil test was not great. I really have left it late to get them up to scratch and have no choice but to adjust the nutrient levels with just fertilizers, adding manure after the onions come off will improve it for next year. Always remember to do a soil conductivity test if you are adding manure to beds if you are growing inside, you will probably find it is very high if you have manured every year, a common mistake.

Picture update here soon.

More good news, all my carrot stations inside are up except one, Finally it looks like my long carrots will get off to a good start this year.

Had another 90 tons of manure delivered this weekend, kinda hoping the tractor parts turn up this week so I can get it shifted about.

0 comments: