Followers

About Me

Wednesday 23 June 2010

postheadericon Parsnips

Best parsnips I have had for many years at this time of year, I put this down to one thing and that is spider mite. Normally my parsnips have spider mite on them when they are 6 inches high and its all down hill from there. Controlling this pest is near impossible and they cause so much damage the parsnip just stops growing. It's always an uphill battle to keep them at bay, normally I have millions and this year I have non. This is partly due to the harsh winter and keeping my parsnips covered in fleece the whole growing season has helped, I just hope they stay away. I have sprayed 4 times with a fungicide, yet insecticide has not touched them yet.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi I am new to this game and wondered what fungiside doe you reccomend
cheers Paul

Veg4Show said...

Hi Paul

I just use what I can get on the open market.

DITHANE 945

Fruit & Vegetable Disease Control, made by bayer garden

Bordeaux mixture (organic and works well)

All work very well.