Followers

About Me

Thursday 29 May 2008

postheadericon Some drastic measures in order

Well I've bit the bullet and decided to put 18inch collars on my Welsh seedling leeks outside due to the fact they are putting on loads of girth but are not going up at all. All my pendle leeks are now at least 13 inches to the button so i will keep them on 15 inch collars until they reach at least 15 inches in length and 5-6 inches around. I'm really confused as to why the Welsh seedlings are not going up and its now crucial i get the length, even if this means replacing the 15inch collars at a later stage. Still massive concerns about the footrot that could destroy my season along with a few other things i will throw about the place.

Onions are living in a pond because the river nile burst its bank again this year.. probably all screwed will know in a few weeks time, from experience they are screwed.

0 comments: