Followers

About Me

Tuesday 17 March 2009

postheadericon Parsnips up

A few days ago my parsnips started to pop through the surface to my relief. Today they are all up in every station and have got off to a good start. Germination took 19 days which is pretty good going, I have also decided to test pinnacle this year and have sown two large barrels with 3 bore holes in each, we shall see how they get on compared to Gladiator.

My shallots are growing away fast now and the pots are full of roots with a lot of top growth, I will soon have to harden them off ready to plant out.

All my onions have been potted up into 3 inch pots now and are looking great and I should get some decent onions from them.

The greenhouse is full of flower plants from seed and my hanging basket plants so hopefully I can start to harden off all my hardy veg and make room for my tomatoes which I will be sown this weekend and next weekend.

This weekend I also intend to sow my long carrots, well fill the pipes up with sand and bore the holes adding the mix a bit at a time. I will alow the pipes to warm up for few days before planting, giving them a good water first and covering them with polythene.

0 comments: