Followers

About Me

Sunday 28 June 2009

postheadericon work load

Way to much to do with no time, sorry I really havent had the time to update this blog but I will get round to uploading some pictures of where I am at so far. Every thing seems to be going wrong this year despite the amount of time I put into my veg, I really cant handle the amount of work involved working every hour I can spare really gets on top of you especially knowing you have at least 2 hours of watering to do every day.

I wont be doing this again next year, I'm not retired and can't keep up with it all. I instead will be concentrating my efforts on the allotment and growing one vegetable to a high standard. As it stands its no fun any more as I just get stressed at the amount of work required. I'm still undecided on which vegetable I will grow, I enjoy growing my parsnips and carrots and after the intial work load they are quite easy to keep going (except this year lol).. I really cant be bothered with onions and leeks any more, so I may well choose celery.

2 comments:

James (Digtoplant) said...

I know how you feel, but when things turn out well it makes it all wortwhile.

Veg4Show said...

I've been doing everything for to many years, including 1000s of flower plants, baskets, massive allotment, livestock. Full time job in between all this.

It just takes so long to look after all this stuff and I spend a good 5 hours every day after work doing it and then I go to bed.

I'm looking forward to having a rest next year. Will probably close this blog after this year shows.. Cant wait to retire in 40 years time lol.