Followers

About Me

Saturday 9 January 2010

postheadericon Time to order potatoes

I suspect most growers have ordered there potatoes before Christmas, to be honest they normally take a back seat with me and I have only just got around to deciding what I wanted. It only crossed my mind the other day when I emptied a few bags out inside my tunnel that I had left over from my Christmas potatoes.

Still plenty of time to get orders in but some varietys can be harder to get hold of so best to get them now.

Slight change of plan this year being as I can never seem to keep Winston under a l Lb and they suffered from scab again.

I'm going with

NVS Amour
NVS Sherine
Kestrel
Harmony

I'm hoping Harmony will give me some decent whites this year, I have always struggled to grow whites yet coloured are always good.

You can get all these varieties and a lot more inlcluding everything you need and information on growing them at http://www.jbaseedpotatoes.co.uk/

0 comments: