Followers

About Me

Friday 15 January 2010

postheadericon Under 250g onions sown

Still plenty of time for the under 25og onion class to be sown but this is normally the time of year I like to get mine going so they have plenty of time to dry. Last year all my 250g onions got mildew so I will need to spray them this year with copper (its organic don't you know). I have gone with globo this year as I quite like the shape, its like a minature kelsea. I have also sown a few of Medwyns trial 250g onions which I have no idea what they will be like.

Also the start of my garden flower sowings and today I got in delphiniums, lupins, hollyhocks. Most of these are flower second year but I have found if you sow these now they will flower first year no problems if looked after in a warm greenhouse. I also put in some sweet williams that will not flower this year but I start them early and they stay inside for the entire year so I have really nice plants.


1 comments:

Maximillian said...

Hello,
I found your blog through Smithyveg and have emailed him regarding a similar request.
I am currently studying at The Royal College of Art for my Masters in product Design. I am conducing research into vegetable growers for a project and i hope you don't mind me contacting you.
I am trying to find out what motivates growers and any interesting/unusual practices that growers use .eg. talking to plants etc.
I was wandering whether it might be possible to come and meet with you and document what interests you as a vegetable grower and possibly see your vegetable patch. This would be to inform the research of my project (some first hand research).
I hope to hear back from you.
Much appreciated
Maximillian Gubbins

The Royal College of Art
Design Products
maximillian.gubbins@network.rca.ac.uk

sorry could see a direct email link..thanks again.