Followers

About Me

Monday 29 March 2010

postheadericon Parsnips, First signs

To my delight opon checking the watering as I do, I can see the first signs of my parsnips germinating. I have never had a problem germinating my parsnips but it's always a worrying time from the stories you hear of poor germination rates. I suppose being inside makes a difference, but I feel keeping them moist all the time while germinating is important. I probably watered these once every 2 days for the period of two weeks when we saw the sun shine, and once every 3 days when it buggered off. I don't ever cover with glass or polythene as they are inside I just put fleece over them which helps to avoid them drying out in the sun.

My long carrots will be going in as soon as I have the time, no stress this year..they go in whenever I have time and feel like it, I'm bored of sticking to dates. Unlike my parsnips they will be covered with polythene as they prefer a higher germination temperature.

0 comments: