Followers

About Me

Sunday 18 April 2010

postheadericon Frost warnings for this week

I think a lot of people get caught out at this time of year and make the mistake of seeing the sun and planting everything out.

I think we are in for some pretty cold nights and a few frosts this week, so get some fleece and cover everything up. Thankfully I only need to cover things inside my one cold frame (one at home, unheated) and 3 tunnels as I have not planted anything tender out. The heater will be going up a notch to keep my onions and leeks ticking over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK'S FOR THE WARNING.IT'S USELY THE WAY WHEN YOUR STUCK FOR ROOM IN THE GREENHOUSE

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

Good advice Liam.

I think it was 1994 when I first started veg growing and the date of June 6th is imprinted on my mind as the night we had a frost in the East Midlands. I lost french and runner beans, lettuce and dahlias.

You remember when John Terry missed that penalty in the 2008 European Cup Final and cried like a big girl's blouse? Well that day I looked like John Terry!