Followers

About Me

Friday 30 April 2010

postheadericon Leek supports

My onions and leeks have been hardening off now for just over a week in my tunnel and although Id prefer to plant them in the beds in a weeks time, as predicted they have moved on so fast that they need planting now.

I have constructed the supports for my leeks and have also put the shading sheet over my tunnel to ensure I keep the temperature down during the day. Eveything pretty much stopped growing after my tunnel over heated last year, so I have got this sheet on top to take the edge off the sun.

The supports are just 3 string lines down each side which I have strongly tied to the wooden stakes each end. At intervals I have cut and put pipe lagging on the rope which can be moved to help support and keep the flags from damage. Extra metal pole stakes with a hook on top are used inbetween to help keep it all sturdy.

...and yes those weeds in the back are suppose to be there as I have sprayed them in the hope they won't come back.

0 comments: