Followers

About Me

Thursday 26 June 2008

postheadericon Medwyns GoldStar tomato gone plum

Hmm I emailed Mr. Medwyn about this strange problem regarding his Goldstar vegetative cuttings he sent me as two plants seem to have turned into plum tomatoes. Now I'm not fussy and have plenty of tomatoes growing on but I'm sure to some growers with limited space this would have been a disaster and quite a cock up if i do say so myself. The other three plants are totally different and have round tomatoes so Medwyns advice of maybe they will go round is doubtful but who knows?.

2 comments:

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

I think we both know he's fobbed you off with that one Liam !

I've asked him all sorts of questions over the years and he never bloody replies.....quick enough to take your money though God bless him! LOL

Regards
Simon

Veg4Show said...

I'm going to enter these tomatoes in the nationals with Cultivare name "Gold Star Reselected plum" and see how i get on lol.

Big mistake to make tho considering these cuttings are all from one plant. Now I'm not going to have such a big choice of goldstar to choose from, but hey everything is going wrong this year so its expected.

Its a shame, I dont even like the taste of plum tomatoes lol.