Followers

About Me

Wednesday 25 June 2008

postheadericon Tomatoes

To be honest I havent had much luck this year and i can name at least one thing that has gone wrong with every vegetable that I'm growing. While trying to keep everything alive and do my best to combat gods will I think i'm doing a pretty good job.

Now another problem.. Blossom end rot. This can be caused by:

Imbalance of potash and calcium
Compost/soil/grow bag drying out

Now this is more common when growing tomatoes in grow bags and to be honest i do expect this to happen. I normally do lose a few fruit each year, but this is the price i pay for growing tomatoes in bags that i do find produces overall better quality fruit.

I have been watering the crap out of my tomatoes and feeding once a week, so now I am going to feed twice a week and give them a foliar feed with calcium nitrate. You do need to be careful tho when feeding and ensure you dont use a high potash fertiliser as this can make it even worst.

0 comments: