Followers

About Me

Monday 10 May 2010

postheadericon leeks/onions

My leeks and onions have been planted for just over a week now and have rooted well. I am going steady on the water as they don't seem to like a lot when first planted out, assuming the beds were fully charged with water and left a few days prior to planting. A good tip is to spray now with fungicide, especially if you suffer from mildew like me. I will also be putting up the sticky tape traps again this year to get those thrips which worked so well last year.

Night temperatures have been horrible again and with the added wind it has been so cold, even during the day we have had some pretty cold days for this time of year. Has set me back with hardening off my sunflowers which need planting now.



3 comments:

the garden harlot said...

i love seeing veggie-love ! so much love to throw around for the greens. i wish i had time to get to more growing-spots.

Veg4Show said...

Your photos are awesome btw, you have talent.

the garden harlot said...

thank you so much ! i appreciate that. i am actually trying to get a camera-sly friend to give me a few lessons or tips. there is just a feel of some photos that i want to possess. i don't know how to describe it, but i don't think i'm quite there yet, but i'd like to be !