Followers

About Me

Sunday 12 September 2010

postheadericon collection of 6

Managed a second place with the collection of 6. Probably my worst year ever growing celery, although clean I had to remove at least 15 sticks frome each plant as they had split.

My NVS Amour potatoes were excellent as they were last weekend, really impressed with this potatoe and by far imo better than kestrel.

My long carrots were pretty massive, haven't had that much weight on them for years and to be honest I didn't look after them and hardly did I water them in the tunnels so I was very surprised when I pulled them.






4 comments:

JBA seed potatoes said...

I agree that the NVS Amour are better looking than Kestrel.

Veg4Show said...

Big question is..does it grow better than kestrel? I personally feel its harder to grow well and you get less tuber per bag, but what you do get is always good.

JBA seed potatoes said...

Yes they don't throw as many tubers at the root but I think they have a more consistent shape and colouring when compared to Kestrel

Veg4Show said...

Pretty much sums it up. Given the choice I would grow more Amour and just not grow Kestrel and replace that with blue belle. For a white I still feel winston is king, sherine was ok for me but skin finnish not so good, Mind you I can't grow winston as they always grow massive and get scab.