Followers

About Me

Sunday 12 September 2010

postheadericon Long carrots

Although not perfect my long carrots were by far the biggest surprise as I honestly can say I did not look after them at all.

For once; as I had no time to spare for a vegetable that normally is so hard to grow good I did not pay any attention to my long carrots in the tunnel. I watered now and then but no where near what I normally would, to the point of them being so dry I thought they must be forked, yet when pulled had loads of bulk.

I have learnt to just leave them alone, even when undercover. I only grew 10 long carrots so I was happy to get a few sets.

When I grew them outside a few years back I didn't water at all, but when undercover you really have no idea when to water.

Sun was so bad I had to cut this picture, sorry but it blinded you, you don't need another picture of my dad either lol.

4 comments:

madame anne aux fourneaux said...

Wou-hou!!...never saw a carrot like that! ;)

Unknown said...

fantastic Carrots what variety are they?

Veg4Show said...

These are actually My own seed re-selection of New Red Intermediate which was re-selected originally by Medwyns.

Buy the seed here:

http://www.medwynsofanglesey.co.uk/shop/vegetable-seed/carrots-long/cat_27.html

If you grow a good specium put it back for seed and you will get even better results.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the info I am learning all the time it was only my first year growing to show the results were good but I now need to Improve and try bigger Shows next year