Followers

About Me

Monday 20 September 2010

postheadericon random

Some pictures of things I never got around to posting

Cucumbers growing in my greenhouse at home. Took most of my time away this year erecting this greenhouse. I had to clear the ground of an old metal shed, lay foundations and not to mention the 500+ bricks it took to complete the beds + 2 ton of compost and manure. I grew one cucumber plant that produces half sized cucumbers and got just under 200 cucumbers from one plant and it is still growing strong as we speak producing at least 10 cucumbers a week. At its peak we were getting 25+ a week, never know anything like it.







Managed to show a few sets of Cauli this year due to the amount of sowings I grew, problem is each sowing all comes in at the same time and I was ending up with 10 Cauli a week.


2 comments:

David said...

Hi

What cucumber did you grow in the end and is it just planted straight into the compost and manure? I had about 10 in total, let alone per week! lol

Dave

Anonymous said...

waringlThey some damn good cauli's