Followers

About Me

Wednesday 12 August 2009

postheadericon Marrows

Few weeks back I went through all my marrows and picked off anything that felt would be to big for my first show by the time they were ready. It really is a shame that you get so many decent marrows and yet come show time you have a job to find a pair. I picked this one tonight to hopefully bring on some more, its just under 12 inches in length which is required for all my shows. I have have 6 others like this and they taste pretty good aswell.



Some I picked off 3 weeks ago and have since been eaten. I would imagine it will be my table dainty that produce a set as I have plenty on them. I think something has gone wrong with one table dainty plant as it is also producing the same marrows as above with also the normal table dainty stripe marrow. Then again all my my marrows are producing some strange things and it will be intersting to see what I get.

2 comments:

Simon (Smithyveg) said...

That's a cracking marrow Liam....definitely Blyton Belle. The other one's have Belle's colouring but I've never had any round one's!!!

Veg4Show said...

The long one in the picture is from the ones that went bush and they don't half produce some marrows.

The round ones; again from your seed but they are first setters and I havent had anything else from this plant yet, so they may well go longer, who knows. But yes they are definitely differnt strains.