Followers

About Me

Friday 28 August 2009

postheadericon Sweet Candle test pull

With all the rain we have over the past few weeks and then a dry week with a massive down poor I was worried about my stump carrots spliting. Today I checked them all and they seem ok, I found this one with a damaged top so decided to pull it.

Gee they are massive, I planted them as advised and I have looked after them well keeping them moist at all times. I thought at first it was a long carrot as it came up.

Picture really doesnt show you how big this thing got, see If i can get a better one.







4 comments:

robb said...

They look fantastic - i've got about 25 growing - just need 3 for our show next weekend and if mine are half as good as yours i'll be well pleased.

Veg4Show said...

Good luck robb, I'm sure from 25 carrots you will make a set. I won't be pulling any where near that amount as I need to cover quite a few shows. I will make do with a half decent set to avoid pulling them all.

lauragreenfingers said...

I would like a few tips on growing Carrot Sweet Candle and the Carrot New Red Intermediate, i've recently become new to growing and showing so any help i'd be really greatfull. I've heard there are 2 different mixes you can use for short/long carrots,could anyone help me on what these mixes are? Laura

Veg4Show said...

Only just seen this post..Sorry Laura.

If you need any help with anything feel free to email me, or post under my most recent post as I tend to miss comments.

Long carrot mix and short carrot mix are different for good reasons. Email me if you can't find them on my blog and I will send them you.