Followers

About Me

Sunday 2 March 2008

postheadericon Onions



Onions at this time of year will now start to really grow away well and the difference in a week is amazing. I planted my onions a little later this year as my first batch i felt were not very good so they are slightly behind but are looking good. Here you can see them under the grow light in there 5inch pots.

I have several batches and hope to pull each batch 3 weeks before each show for perfect skin condition. Some will be planted in the polytunnel and others outside in the garden and the rest in the allotment.

2 comments:

James (Digtoplant) said...

Hi Like your blog,I just grow veg for eating but may have a go at showing this summer I am intrested where you get the ties that you use to keep leaves on your onions growing straight looks a lot simpler than any i have seen before, Will check back to see your progress through the year. Check me out if you want at digtoplant.blogspot.com if you are intrested i will put a link on from my site

Veg4Show said...

Hi, thanx.. i got these clips from medwyns in the sundries section:
http://www.medwynsofanglesey.co.uk/ShopIntro.htm

Im not sure if he has any left as the price is now 0.00 which normally means out of stock. You might want to email him and see if he has any left or ask when they are back in.

Sure you can link me, i'll link you up aswell so we can keep an eye on each other ;)